QuantHub's Skill Analysis is a tool for diagnosing skill gaps and strengths.
The Skill Analysis is a fully customizable and configurable assessment tool that captures an individual's skill level with granular precision. Choose from skills in our current Upskill catalog or choose from our suggested configurations.
How can I use it?
- Needs Analysis/Gap Analysis
- Personalized learning starting point: Select the skills you would like to assess as your team begins their learning journey. Their skill analysis results tailor their learning path, allowing them to test out of skills.
- Team Goal Setting: Work on skill gaps as a team
- Assess hiring needs
- Identify your mentors
- Certify for data access
How do I use it?
Access it from your Upskill Dashboard
- Click your profile picture.
- Select Skill analyses from the dropdown menu.
Note: Only assigned managers and company admins have access to the Skill Analyses Dashboard.
- Select the Skillsets tab.
- Notice prefilled Skillsets highlighted in gray. These skillsets are template skillsets created by QuantHub. Feel free to use these or create your own.
- Select +New skillset. Expect a slightly longer load time as this page loads all skill descriptions from the database.
- Name your skillset. Be sure to name your skillset with a distinguishable name for ease of identification for future skill analyses.
- Briefly describe your skillset. Include any information that helps you and others with access permissions identify the context for the skillset.
- Select individual skills by clicking on them to check the box. Skills are organized by category. Hover over each skill to see a short description of the skill.
- Click Create Skillset at the bottom of the screen.
Note: Each skill you select to assess will take participants up to 3 minutes to complete. Try to keep skillsets to under
10 skills with logical skill groupings according to category or topic.
- Select Edit next to the skillset you would like to edit
- Only skillsets you created can be edited by you.
- You can view your company’s skillsets and the QuantHub curated skillsets.
- Delete skillsets by selecting Delete skillset in the edit view.
Create a new skill analysis
- Select the Skill Analyses
- Select + New Skill Analysis.
- Add skillsets to your Skill Analysis by clicking the check box next to your desired skillset.
- Setup your Skill Analysis with a name (required), deadline, and contact information
- Add recipients one of three ways:
- Type in names and email addresses
- Import a CSV. Be sure to follow the provided template.
- Add everyone on your team if you are a manager. Add everyone in your company if you are a company admin. Users must already have an Upskill account to be added this way.
Sending your skill analysis
- Choose to send email invitations or generate a code to share.
- You will have the ability to resend email invitations or generate a code at any time.
- Be sure to share both the link (https://upskill.quanthub.com/start) and the invitation code.
Viewing and editing your skill analysis
- Select View in the Skill Analysis tab.
- This view shows overall metrics as well as recipient outcomes.
- Click Edit to change the name, deadline, contact information and owner (admin only).
- Download reports from this view.
Skills passed. To pass a skill, participants must answer 3/5 questions correctly. This is not the same as mastering a skill. To master a skill in a skill check, you must answer 3/3 of the most difficult level of questions.
Lives remaining. The higher the number the better. Each skill has 3 lives, so a skill analysis with 10 skills has 30 lives.
Neurons are shown in a percentage of earned out of possible. Remember that slider questions allow for partial credit. Also, remember that difficult questions have higher neurons.
Total time to complete the analysis. The less time the better unless an extremely short time may indicate an invalid score.
Percentage of passed skills out of the total skills assessed.